Airtel Call Home fails to keep their lights on - Shutting down its Voip Service for international calls

Voip service provider Airtel Call Home, known for its airtel india calling solutions, has announced that they will not be operational after 1st July 2011. The customers will not be able to do recharges after 5th of June. We recently did a line up of voip plans offered by Airtel Call Home but little did we know that they were planning to shut down their services. This leaves the loyal Airtel voip users hanging with the option to find an equally good, if not better, alternative.

Do you want the refund for your balance?

If you have balance left in your account you should consume it by by 30th June, 2011 midnight. You can, otherwise, get a refund for your balance. All you have to do is to call the customer care or write to them and you will be able to get your money back. The only catch is that the card you used to pay for your balance is the only way to get refund. If that card has expired or blocked you will have to flex your negotiation muscles with customer care.
What are the alternatives?
Being a reader of Free Calls Hub you have got nothing to worry about. Voip service proiders come and go but we never run out of options. With Airtel calling card not being an option you can still go for other options. Let us take a quick look at your options right now.
  1. India LD: India LD is offering 25 cents per call plan to India. Our readers have complained about lack of as many local access numbers as you would get with other voip service providers but they are still a cheap option to consider.
  2. Pingo: Pingo is offering $5 worth of talk time for just $5. This means you can get 4 hours and 16 minutes of calls to India for $1.
  3. LocalPhone: Localphone is another good option for cheap international phone calls. They always offer 20% off Localphone credit. Make sure you read Lavsan's comment :).

Comments

  1. I have mailed customer services number of times to get my refund. All they do is ask for my details and then vanish. I have sent all my details including my weight, age, height, and shirt size but to no avail. I think it is a typical Indian firm does not like parting with the money which does not belong to them.
    All the best to the owners of the company I hope they choke on their dhokla.
    Anil Chowdhry

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I get a refund now? (October 2011) I had nearly $200 of balance and they are nowhere to be reachable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem as others. I had a balance of more than $150 and so far, I have not received any response to my repeated emails. Their toll free number does not work either. Anyone knows how to get money back from Airtel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Readers,

    We have heard of a a few more concerns regarding this. We will try to contact them. We hope they will respond to us as they used to earlier.

    Regards,
    Team - Free Calls Hub

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I get my refund? I have been trying for about 11 months now to get the refund.It's shameful that such a big company is holding our money. Their email id/phone number are gone. I don't know how to contact them?

    Pramod

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments on Free Calls Hub are strictly moderated. As much as we hate it, we need to fight spam.