Need an alternative to Vonage? Look no further as Lingo comes to rescue with a cheaper service

Hey Boss, it's John. I am calling to let you know that I won't be able to come to office today. I have the "call quality is so good I can't help it". The reason for this is the Lingo Voip service's international calling plan, I must stay home and make some international calls to get well. No boss! There is no way I can come in today, not for half day - not for full day. I have to call my parents in India, then my friends in Australia, UK, and Denmark, I also need to catch up with Shelly who broke up with me and went to New Zealand for Marco. I need to yell at Marco who is enjoying single life in Spain for cajoling Shelly into leaving me. 

If Vonage never started calling me to limit my monthly phone usage, as according to them I was making too many calls in a month, I would not have hooked to Lingo and would not have suffered this obsession for international phone calls. Damage is done now, Boss.

I wish I could help it Boss. But, the call quality is so clear I feel I am talking to the person face to face and I just keep on talking. I don't need a computer or even my cell phone minutes to talk to my contacts. In order to switch, I just removed my Vonage adapter and replaced it with Lingo adapter, I worked Boss. On top of that, this is my first month and I am paying nada. Yes, the first month is totally free with Lingo. If I do not like it, which I doubt, I will return it and go to some other service. There are no contracts either. You see how bad this is. I am not sure when will I get well. 

Features of Lingo international calling plan

Following are a selected list of features that we believe are worth a mention:
  1. Unlimited phone service to 45 countries
  2. First month is free
  3. $23.95/month after first month (Taxes and fees extra - about $13 give or take $2)
  4. Keep your existing Vonage (or other) number (Number portability)
  5. Free activation
  6. Free adapter
  7. No annual contract
  8. Caller ID with name of the person calling (name need not be stored in your phone)
  9. Three-way conferencing
  10. Receive calls on any 5 phones simultaneously
  11. Call waiting and missed calls return by pressing *69
  12. Call from your computer using Lingo soft-phone (software). Good if you travel a lot or want to share.

Switch now to Longo and save money

If you have made up your mind get Lingo here is what you need to do:
  1. Visit their website and click on Get Started
  2. Select the plan that you want. The unlimited plan for residential customer is the one on the left. 
  3. Fill your information.

List of countries where unlimited calls can be made

Lingo allows you to make unlimited calls to following countries/destinations:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil‡, Canada, Chile, China, China-Mobile, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guam, Hong Kong, Hong Kong-Mobile, Hungary, India, India-Mobile, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru‡, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia‡, Saipan, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, US Virgin Islands, USA, Vatican City, Venezuela‡
‡Rio De Janeiro, Santos, and San Paulo for Brazil only, Lima for Peru only, Moscow and St. Petersburg for Russia only, and Caracas for Venezuela only.

Comments

  1. I have been a lingo customer for over a year now. No doubt the service is good BUT, just like any other VoIP service there is no such thing as unlimited. All the 45 countries have a gap. My personal experience, in the beginning I went over the limit they suspended my account until I called them to reactivate it. Next, I could not call long distance until my next renewal month. Then they switched my account to high volume user, in this if I go over the gap, I get charged per minute. I am happy using IndiaLD (yes, I call India a lot) that I found from this website and will get getting rid of lingo soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Taz,

    Thank you for your review. Although there are no fixed limits such as Vonage's 3000 minutes per month, Lingo does have a fair use policy in effect. Could you tell us what was your usage when they suspended your account? Many of our readers have told us that they have been using Lingo with up to 4500 minutes a month. Does that look right to you?

    Regards,
    Team - Free Calls Hub

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my particular destination which is India, the limit is 1800 (that is what I was told) which is way less than Vonage. I even checked my bill and I was being charge after 1800 minutes. Lucky for people who get a lot more. Maybe they have set different limit for each country depending on the demand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taz could have gone above 5000 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Taz and Aditya,

    This is an interesting scenario here. It seems some of you have gotten about 4500 or more as we have heard and some of you were only allowed 1800. We will try to contact Lingo people and ask them to clarify the details. Thank you for the spirit to help others by your experience.

    Regards,
    Team - Free Calls Hub

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, when my account was suspended I did go over 5000 minutes. My point is, since my account was switched to high volume user, whenever I go over 1800 minutes I get charged per their rate plan. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Taz,

    Thank you for the clarification. We have confirmed with Lingo on this. They offer only 1800 minutes to India beyond which calls are charged per minute. For majority of other countries the calls are unlimited though. Readers are advised to call Lingo at 866-546-4898 and ask how many minutes will they get to their country.

    Regards,
    Team - Free Calls Hub

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,

    For creating an C++.NET softphone that works with almost all PBXs well, I can recommend Ozeki VoIP SIP SDK. Sample program for this project can be found at:
    www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_267-c-net-softphone-voip.html

    I hope I can help

    BR

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments on Free Calls Hub are strictly moderated. As much as we hate it, we need to fight spam.